Monday, May 3, 2010

Cherish your mother

It has been 20 years now since my mother passed away after a long battle with cancer. Every year as Mother's day approaches, it still pains me as I wish I could have had more time with her. I am very thankful that I arrived in time to speak with her in the hospital, moments before she passed away.

For those of you that still have your mother with you, don't hold back ! Tell her thank you for all the times that she comforted you, for all the times that she supported you. Remember all of the things that she has done and all the times she has unselfishly put you first ahead of her feelings, wants and needs.

Remember all the times she stayed up with you when you awoke from a bad dream or if you were running a fever and how cool the wash cloth felt when she placed it across your forehead.

A guest came in to Mercy today to purchase a Gift Certificate for our Food and Wine Education class. He plans to present it to his mother and attend it with her, a unique and memorable experience that both can share.

Other memories still come flooding back to me. The tears in her eyes when I moved out of the family home, and more tears as I moved thousands of miles away.

Life is very fragile so cherish your mother while you can. Mercy will be open for business this Mother's Day and we would love to help you create more special memories for both of you.

Mike Castagne
Operations Manager