Monday, March 7, 2011

Thanking all for the work that they do

It has been almost two years since I brought up the topic of teamwork (Mercy style).

We were notified last week that we took top honors for Wine Bar of the Year from Nightclub and Bar Magazine, so I wanted to take time to thank and congratulate the staff at Mercy. Their dedication and teamwork are the building blocks to our success and I want to publicly thank all of them for the job they do...day in and day out.


Teamwork : is a joint action by two or more people, in which each person contributes with different skills and express his or her individual interests and opinions to the unity and efficiency of the group in order to achieve common goals.


When guests compliment me on the quality of their "Mercy experience", I nod my head in deep appreciation of the compliment. But I am quick to point out to them. "We have a great staff at Mercy !" Our employees know their job, they have a passion for what they do, they enjoy each other's company and when a member of the staff "is in the weeds", they quickly step up to help. It makes my life as a manager so much easier ! So, thanks to all of the servers : Craig, Heather, Michael, M.J., Nathan, Rachel, Ric, Slaten and Tong.


Our server assistants, Gloria, Denice, Blas and Jorge, know just when to step in to keep the operation running smoothly. Our friendly faces that say hello and good bye, Anita and Tatiana, do so much more than just greet and seat our guests.


Similarly in the Kitchen: Juan, Ismael, Welington, Esdras and Martin operate and run one of the smoothest, most efficient kitchen operations I have ever seen in my numerous years in this business. The comradery and respect that they show to each other is truly admirable and while each have their assigned duties; no task is beneath or above any other.


So, Glen and Vincent, it has been a great 8 years at Mercy and I look forward to our adventures ahead !


Mike Castagne
Operations Manager